Date: 4/13/17 7:59 am
From: john kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Goose Pond 4/13 New arrivals
I birded with Evan Speck on a warm and sunny Wednesday.  Highlights were an increase in Golden Plovers (374) and Dunlin (79) and arrivals of Solitary Sandpiper and Bank Swallows.  We failed to see the Wilson's Phalaropes or Ibises.  Most of the shorebirds were in Main Pool West along SR 59.  Many of the more outlying areas mentioned earlier this week by Amy Kearns had dried out to reduce the amount of wet mudflat habitat.  The B, C and E fields were nearly dry and held only a handful of Yellowlegs. GP 11S also held good habitat and mostly Pectorals and some Yellowlegs.
Here are links to the checklists:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35911771http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35911783
Good Birding,John KendallWarsaw

Join us on Facebook!