Date: 4/13/17 6:24 am
From: Laurie Goodrich <goodrich...>
Subject: from Ornithological Tech Committee--goshawk sightings sought!
IN 2017 and 2018, The Ornithological Technical Committee of PA Biological Survey is seeking
birder's assistance in reporting sightings of northern goshawks across the state, particularly between early April to July. Anyone with time to explore 'deep woods' locations in their county let myself or Margaret. Brittingham know (<goshawk...><mailto:<goshawk...>) as we are also seeking volunteers to search potential or historically-used habitat from Appalachians northward.

All reports will be kept in a highly confidential database housed at Penn State University, overseen by Dr. Margaret Brittingham. If you have questions regarding the protection of your location report, feel free to contact either myself or Margaret.

www.pabiologicalsurvey.org<http://www.pabiologicalsurvey.org> will link you to information on goshawks, their identification, etc. and a link to an online reporting form and a printable form for reporting your sighting. Feel free to send questions or concerns to me directly. Thank you for your assistance!

Laurie J. Goodrich, Ph.D.
Director of Long-term Monitoring
Hawk Mountain Acopian Center for Conservation Learning
Hawk Mountain
410 Summer Valley Road
Orwigsburg, PA 17961
570-943-3411 x106