Date: 4/12/17 7:27 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Seneca Depot
I trust that the bird habitat involved warrants attention of this list's
members. If not, I apologize and ask that the information be passed to the
appropriate regional interest group or individuals.

Does this announcement send up any alarms for anyone? I'm not familiar with
the proposed uses of the land and their impacts on long-protected habitats.
The IDA's statement is self-serving and may not accurately reflect the
potential impacts. Is there an overall plan for this surplussed federal
land with respect to habitat loss and/or mitigation?

From April 12, 2017 Environmental Notice Bulletin (ENB):

Negative Declaration

*Seneca County* - The Seneca County Industrial Development Agency (IDA), as
lead agency, has determined that the proposed Lease and Conveyance to the
Former Seneca Army Depot Property will not have a significant adverse
environmental impact. The action involves the conveyance of a portion of
the Former Seneca Army Depot property to Seneca County and the lease and
conveyance of the remainder of the property to Deer Haven Park, LLC with a
payment-in-lieu-of-taxes (PILOT) Agreement with Deer Haven, LLC during the
lease period. The project is located on the former Seneca Army Depot in the
Towns of Romulus and Varick, New York.

*Contact:* Patricia Jones, Seneca County IDA, 1 DiPronio Drive, Waterloo,
NY 13165, Phone: (315) 539-1727, E-mail: <p.jones...>

--
Richard Guthrie