Date: 4/12/17 6:55 pm
From: Kit Larsen <kit...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Wednesday morning

Larry McQueen reports:

The Wed mourning group did the mid-section of Alton-Baker Park, also
known as the Day Island Landfill, just west of the I-5 bridge. We first
found a nice warbler flock of typical early migrant species:
Yellow-Warblers of both types, Black-throated Grays, plus kinglets,
chickadees, creepers and others, in the tall woodland north of the
bridge that crosses the canoe canal.

Double-crested Cormorant - 25
Cackling Goose - a flock overhead
Canada Goose - small numbers and scattered individuals
American Wigeon - 5
Mallard - few
Wood Duck - 1
Bufflehead - 8
Hooded Merganser - 4
Common Merganser - 4
Great Blue Heron - 1
Bald Eagle - 2 adult being chased by a pair of Osprey
Red-tailed Hawk - 1
Turkey Vulture - 2
American Kestrel - 1
Ring-necked Pheasant - 3
Spotted Sandpiper - 1
Eurasion Collared Dove - 3
Rock Pigeon - 6
Anna's Hummingbird - 4
Red-breasted Sapsucker - 1
Northern Flicker - 4
California Scrub-Jay - 6
Steller's Jay - 3
American Crow - few
Tree Swallow - not sorted
Violet-green Swallow - numbers not sorted
Cliff Swallow - colony flock around upper bike bridge
Black-capped Chickadee - 15
Bushtit - 3
Brown Creeper - 3
Bewick's Wren - 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 16
American Robin - 10
Yellow-rumped Warbler - both "Audubon" and "Myrtle"; primary species of
flock
Black-throated Gray - secondary species of flock
Orange-crowned Warbler - also many, but not as mixed into the flock.
Yellowthroat - 1
European Starling - few
Spotted Towhee - 4
Song Sparrow - 7
Golden-crowned Sparrow - 8
White-crowned Sparrow - 2
Red-winged Blackbird - maybe 20 concentrated along the canoe canal
House Finch - 1
American Goldfinch - 12
Lesser Goldfinch - 2

Randy Sinnott, Dave Brown, Scott McNeeley, Tom Cable, Dennis Arendt,
Cindy Armstrong, Steve and Judy Franzen, Kit Larsen, Sylvia Maulding,
Jim Regali, and Larry McQueen

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!