Date: 4/12/17 6:21 pm
From: Peter Scott <Peter.Scott...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Black-necked Stilts, Vigo

Wabash Floodplain Fields near Kennett and Arbuckle Rd., Vigo, Indiana, US
Apr 12, 2017 12:15 PM - 12:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: Drove west on Kennett to where road is closed because of flood-waters - at the last house on Kennett (south side) with Purple Martin houses. The water between here and Arbuckle was deep, 2-3 feet or more. The temporary lake extended a good mile north-south, and east-west. Shorebirds were seen flying over and on shores, also swallows, eagle. Sunny, north wind 5 mph, 60 F.
12 species (+1 other taxa)

Great Blue Heron 1
Bald Eagle 1 immature in flight
Red-tailed Hawk 1
BLACK-NECKED STILT 2 possibly 4. One pair flew north in distance over water. Ten minutes later, I noticed two on shore much closer to me, with other shorebirds.
Killdeer 1
Pectoral Sandpiper 2
Greater Yellowlegs 10
Greater/Lesser Yellowlegs 40 flock seen at some distance
Purple Martin 3
Tree Swallow 6
Barn Swallow 2
Common Grackle 1