Date: 4/12/17 6:14 pm
From: Carole Winslow <cjwinslow94...>
Subject: Clarion Co- Henslow's sparrows arrive, short-eared owl,horned larks
Spring greetings,

This evening I checked the grasslands at Rankin Rd across the valley
from me, and apparently spring has slipped by me quicker than I realized.
I was hoping to find short-eared owls and had forgotten I should be
listening for Henslow's sparrows already. I was greeted immediately by the
sound of horned larks singing, many meadowlarks, a ring-necked pheasant,
and at least 5 Henslow's singing. As it got darker I did find one
short-eared owl, which at one point flew directly over the car about 10 ft
above me. Woodcock were also calling and displaying and I was able to watch
a couple of them take off against the sunset sky. A beautiful spring
evening on the grasslands !

Carole Winslow
Sligo, Clarion Co.

Join us on Facebook!