Date: 4/12/17 4:38 pm
From: Virginia Scott <virginia.h.scott...>
Subject: [obol] Re: help?
Hi, Linda. I have had a Dark-eyed Junco for the past two years who sits
either in a treetop or on the power line running in front of my house,
trilling his little heart out. Just single note, repeated trills. Last
year it took me a long time to finally find where the song was coming from,
and I used my zoom lens to see him instead of my binoculars because he was
so far away. I was so surprised when I looked at the photo and saw it was
a Junco! Now, and I don't know of course if it 's the same bird, one sits
either in the tree behind my house, or on the power lines in front, and
trills nearly every day. It's lovely.
- Virginia Scott, N Portland

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:54 PM, linda phelan thompson <
<lindaphelanlmt...> wrote:

> As I was leaving the office for a late lunch, I heard a trilling bird. I
> stopped and looked up, and located it on a branch. I only had my eyes, but
> it looked round bodied, had an erect stance, and a long slim tail. The body
> is buff colored, and it kept repeating a single long trill, repeatedly.
> Could anyone estimate what this may have been?
>
> As a plus, as I was looking up, I spotted a pair of circling Red Tail
> Hawks. There used to be a pair that nested very nearby, before some housing
> construction. I think I'll go see if they've returned to their old haunts,
> now that things have settled down.
>
> This was next to 217, near Greenburg Rd., close to Washington Square.
> Linda, Tigard
>
> --
>
> *Linda Lee*

Join us on Facebook!