Date: 4/12/17 2:38 pm
From: Gerard Lillie <gerardlillie...>
Subject: [obol] Mt. Tabor
Hello All,

Today's Portland Audubon Mt. Tabor Bird Song Walk was very good with a lot of birds throughout the park. Many mixed species flocks of warblers were observed. Especially abundant were YELLOW-RUMPED and ORANGE-CROWNED, with probably upwards of 40+ each. There also were many TOWNSEND'S and a handful of BLACK-THROATED GRAYS. All of the warbler species provided very good views at various times. Another numerous species was RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, with easily over 50 individuals. Woodpeckers were also very evident, especially many displaying FLICKERS. Other woodpeckers were several RED-BREASTED and a couple of DOWNIES. HERMIT THRUSHES were still present in good numbers. Sparrows put on a good show with many SONG, ~5 FOX, several GOLDEN-CROWNED, 1 WHITE-CROWNED and 2 LINCOLN'S, which are unusual in the park. The best birds of the day were 2 COMMON MERGANSERS spotted by John Powell. They were flying low over the upper reservoir and I missed them, which would have been park birds for me. Oh well, you can't see them all. All together it was a fine day and the rain mostly held off and the predicted high winds didn't materialize. If I forgot anything Tom McNamara or any other attendee can fill in what I may have forgotten.

Good birding, Gerard

Gerard Lillie
Portland, OR

Join us on Facebook!