Date: 4/12/17 11:59 am
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] American Avocet and Robin in Johnson Co.
This morning shorebird numbers were a bit down at Twin View Heights/Sandy Beach but a couple FOYs were
present.

1 American Avocet
1 Sanderling (2nd earliest)
Long-billed Dowitchers
Dunlins
Baird's Sandpipers
0 Killdeer (now rare on the flats)

Earlier I got a tip from Tom Billerbeck of a partial albino Robin along Hwy. 965 (south of Iowa River
bridge and just south of where 380 crosses overhead). I had no trouble spotting it on the power lines to
the west and it reminded me of a male Snow Bunting with its white head and breast. Not a bad look.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids