Date: 4/12/17 11:39 am
From: Brandon <flammowl17...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red-necked Grebe (Pueblo Co.) 4/12
The full breeding plumage Red-necked Grebe, that I thought was gone,
appeared again this morning in the North Shore Marina at Pueblo
Reservoir. The bird disappeared, and I thought it going back to a
back cove. I found a way to see the entire back cove, and the bird
wasn't there. So, I'm not sure where it went, though it seems to
still be around. Migrant shorebirds and waterbirds are appearing more
now. Today, the highlights at Pueblo Reservoir were: Marbled Godwit
(1), Western Sandpiper (3), Least Sandpiper (6), Lesser Yellowlegs
(4). Wilson's Snipe (3), and Killdeer, also a Common Loon. Yesterday,
there were 21 White-faced Ibis, a Snowy Egret. eight American Avocets,
and a Wilson's Snipe.

Land bird highlights around Pueblo today, a Barn Owl, Savannah
Sparrow, Vesper Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird and American Pipits.
Yesterday, two Hermit Thrushes, Brown-headed Cowbirds, singing House
Wren, five species of swallows, and six Eastern Phoebes.

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO