Date: 4/12/17 3:42 am
From: Don Simonson <don.r.simonson...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Lolal Oberman
I was very saddened to learn of Lola's passing. She and her equally kindly husband Ted often took me birding on Audubon Naturalist and M.O.S. trips when I was too young to drive, so that was over 51 years ago. After I married, she came to know my wife and then my daughter Lily who became a bander under her and Marge Donnald at Adventure. we loved going to see the Bobolinks with her every spring at Raedy Evans farm in Potomac, MD! As much as she loved birding, she told me ten years ago that she had to give up birding because she was working in politics, that the environmental threat was so great she was willing to give up birding. Lola Oberman and Chan Robbins were giants. I was grateful to see them at Don (Merrill) Donnald's memorial a few years ago. I am so sorry they have gone.
Lola a force in the Montgomery Bird Club and was author of "Dial B for Birder" which contains the marvelous Bald Eagle anecdote and other true stories.
Don Simonson, Darnestown, Montgomery, Maryland.