Date: 4/11/17 8:29 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hamden - Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Apr 11, 2017
Hamden: Mather; Waite; Whitney Upper L. Whitney cycle.

Highlights: 2nd year Bald Eagle, hassling with Osprey. 5 Turkeys *flying* (after their fashion) from N to S across the Mather/Treadwell bay. 2 Pied-billed Grebes. A big bunch of Gadwall, especially given the paucity of other ducks. FOS Barn Swallows I've seen. GBHE nesting continues.

Some pictures on e-bird and on CT Audubon Birds FB page.

RWA & their contractors are re-fencing and clearing brush from Waite St. causeway -- taking out some good nesting sites along that stretch. I hope they'll only trim N. side this year. I do think they are a bit aggressive in clearing out; perhaps we could find a compromise here. (Although years ago, they kept it much more manicured, so this is an advance for birders.)

Arthur Shippee
Hamden