Date: 4/11/17 8:21 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Benton County House Wrens / Polk Eurasian Wigeon
Hello all,

While conducting bird surveys at Camp Adair Rifle Range in northernmost
Benton County this morning, I encountered 2 singing HOUSE WRENS in a
clearcut - FOY for me.

Other things of note there were at least 3 calling MOUNTAIN QUAIL and a lot
of woodpecker activity - had at least 3-4 PILEATED WOODPECKERS and 8
RED-NAPED SAPSUCKERS, 4 of which were cavorting in a single tree. Also
encountered a pair of TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS, the male actively singing, and 4
singing WESTERN MEADOWLARKS..

After the survey, I found a drake EURASIAN WIGEON among a small flock of
AMERICANS in a little wetland north of Robison Rd. (located in Polk Co.,
according to Google Maps).

Checked E.E.Wilson on my way home for the Phainopepla, but came up empty
again - that bird must have moved on to greener pastures. :)

Happy Spring Birding!

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn