Date: 4/11/17 7:57 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Harrison County 4.11.17
Took an impromptu trip to Harrison County for a little exploration of areas
I have not spent much time in. Nothing spectacular but found 7 Wilson
Snipe during a very brief run through the NWR--Sad is that they have almost
everything closed off trails, viewing platforms, no mushroom hunting or
fishing until April 15th. Nothing at the feeders and very few waterfowl.

Did see see all the expected icterids including 1 Great-tailed Grackle and
3 Yellow-headed Blackbirds (2 group of the year for me). Ruby-crowned
Kinglet and Rusty were new county birds.

Generally it was not a very birding day except for numerous mixed flocks of
blackbirds. Roy Lake had good numbers but only four species of
shorebirds. Lots of edge and mud for shorebirds if the we do not get too
much rain in the near future

Fun day!

God Bless,

*Paul O. Roisen*