Date: 4/11/17 12:27 pm
From: Jeremy Ross <jeremy.ross...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Pike and Gibson County arrivals and departures
I checked Oatsville Bottoms yesterday (4/10) on 850E and didn't see one shorebird! A few hundred Blue Winged Teal and only a handful Green Winged Teal were present. I then checked out some areas West of Miller Bridge Road and had multiple Sora calling and found an Eastern Kingbird.

Today (4/11) I swung through Sugar Ridge Area 1 quickly and found newly arrived Louisianna Waterthrush and Prothonotary Warblers. Bluegray Gnatcatchers were plentiful.

At home most of the winter birds have left and Chipping Sparrows have already moved in their place. No real noticeable arrivals of migrants or breeders yet. I did have a White Eyed Vireo in the woods edge on Sunday.

Jeremy Ross

Petersburg, IN

Join us on Facebook!