Date: 4/11/17 11:26 am
From: <david.boltz4...>
Subject: [Va-bird] 5 Warblers - Raymond R. "Andy" Guest Jr. Shenandoah River State Park - Warren Co.
After viewing the White Pelican at Lake Frederick, I headed down to Shenandoah River SP near Bentonville in Warren Co. I found a pair of Yellow-throated Warblers near the restrooms closest to the canoe launch and the picnic area. Then I walked the Bluebell Trail and was absolutely blown away by the Bluebells, which are in peak bloom right now. Along that trail I had 4 Louisiana Waterthrushes, a Northern Parula and several Yellow-rumps. I also had a Pine Warbler near the park entrance. BG Gnatcatchers were numerous. Other good finds were a 2 Purple Martins and a couple of Red-headed Woodpeckers in the same tree across the river. I was hoping for at least one Vireo (Blue-headed most likely), but none were about. Complete list below.

Go see the Bluebells! They are outstanding!

Dave Boltz

22 Double-crested Cormorant
2 Great Blue Heron
1 Turkey Vulture