Date: 4/11/17 10:57 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Sparrows!
Late yesterday afternoon, after looking all day for something new in the
yard, Betsy found a FIELD SPARROW on the lawn. Turns out there were five or
six that moved quickly through the grass, then the brush on the side of the
yard, and then they were gone. A little later, a FOX SPARROW appeared under
the spruce tree where we throw down seed. And a little later, there was a
second. Today, a CHIPPING SPARROW and our first migrant WHITE-THROATED
SPARROWS were under the spruce, while a SWAMP SPARROW hopped on the lawn. A
TREE SPARROW and many juncos added to our sparrow tally.

Other birds in the yard today were RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, PURPLE FINCH, and a
singing BROWN THRASHER. Here is our eBird checklist:

Gotta love this time of year!

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna