Date: 4/11/17 9:49 am
From: Amy Lorenz <alorenz...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Bird Walks for Upcoming City Nature Challenge
Hello everyone,

From Friday 4/14-Tuesday 4/18 Boston will be competing in the iNaturalist
City Nature Challenge, a citizen science biodiversity competition among 16
US cities.

We have several bird walks organized, free, and open to the public:
4/14
3:00pm Water Bird and Phenology walk, at Halcyon Lake, Mt. Auburn Cemetary,
led by Dr. Stan Rullman, Research Director at Earthwatch Institute
Info and registration(free): http://www.neosec.dreamhosters.com/
ecwmv-event/birds/

8:00pm Owl and Vernal Pond Survey, Cedar Pond, Wenham; led by Dr. Stan
Rullman
Info and register (free): http://www.neosec.dreamhosters.com/ecwmv-event/
owl-and-vernal-pond-surveys/

4/15
8:00am Morning Bird Walk, Washington Tower after gates open at Mt. Auburn
Cemetary, led by Dr. Stan Rullman
Info and register (free): http://www.neosec.dreamhosters.com/ecwmv-event/
morning-bird-walk/

4/17
9:30am Meadow Birds walk at Strawberry Hill, Ipswich; led by Ben Flemer,
Bird Banding Station Manager at Joppa Flats
No Registration

Email me if you have any interest in leading a walk or questions about
participating!
Here are a few websites with more information:
-Join the iNaturalist project and contribute observations:
http://www.inaturalist.org/projects/city-nature-challenge-2017-boston-area

-Info on events, how to make observations:
http://www.neosec.dreamhosters.com/cnc-2017-boston/

Best,
Amy Lorenz
Gloucester MA