Date: 4/11/17 9:22 am
From: Gregory Stempien <gregory.stempien...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Great Horned owlet
We have a owlet about 3 weeks old that may need help. I found this owlet
that had fallen out of a nest over 1 week ago-so we put up another
artificial nest and the parents were caring for it but unfortunately last
Sat. evening some kids tore down the nest and abused the owlet. Somebody
got a hold of it and was caring for it and then we got it yesterday and
built a new nest in the same area(placed the owlet in nest) but I think the
parents are not around. We will give it one more night to see if the
parents will show up. If not I wonder if anyone knows of an accessible nest
not too far from the Grinnell area that we could relocate it if the parents
don`t show up tonight. If anyone does please call me at 641-260-0592.

Thank you

Greg Stempien
Grinnell,IA