Date: 4/11/17 4:52 am
From: <hilton...> <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 03/10/17 (March Birds Abounded)
Weatherwise the month of March 2017 was a bit unusual in the Carolina Piedmont with record high temperatures, then readings in the teens, and even a little snow. None of that slowed down Mother Nature, and I was able to document lots of phenological happenings described in part in the 1-31 Mar 2017 edition of "This Week at Hilton Pond." Check out this latest installment complete with photos and info about birds including an uncommon Rusty Blackbird, Blue Jays, Wood Ducks, and our first Ruby-throated Hummingbirds of the year. (Also described: An interesting horn-tailed insect named for a pigeon!)

After reading, please don't forget to scroll down for a complete list of all birds banded or recaptured during the period at our study site near York SC. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek170301.html&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=K-jT8U1tKnpLSzB-soWGWntB310AcwslAlOGDzGXwPg&s=XPlMFFuaegYadJe8rAbgrDuoMPK-ZZUkUcfhIqQVgGk&e=

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL HILTON JR.
York SC

Join us on Facebook!