Date: 4/10/17 9:00 pm
From: Paul Evans <paulevansdo...>
Subject: [obol] Black Throated Gray Warbler Ankeny NWR
I birded Ankeny NWR yesterday morning. At Eagle Marsh area on the recently
opened grassy road to the small ponds I saw a male BLACK THROATED GRAY
WARBLER. Beautiful breeding plumage. I watched him for a full 10 minutes.
Clear yellow lore spot, white cheek stripe and white wing bars.

Many COMMON YELLOWTHROATS male and female sightings. Also got ORANGE
CROWNED WARBLER, YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER (Myrtle and Audubon's), SORA
(heard), as well as usual ducks that have been there all winter (RUDDY
DUCK, RING-NECKED DUCK, AMERICAN WIDGEON, NORTHERN PINTAIL, NORTHERN
SHOVELER, BUFFLEHEADS, NORTHERN SHOVELER, AMERICAN COOT, MALLARD).

There were 4 MARSH WRENS having a chattering contest in the cat tails as
well.

Spectacular day to be birding!
--
Paul Evans DO, FACOFP
Vice Dean and Director, Physician Leadership Development

Join us on Facebook!