Date: 4/10/17 6:01 pm
From: <david.boltz4...>
Subject: [Va-bird] American White Pelican on Lake Frederick-Frederick County
I got a call from one of my neighbors that lives in view of the lake around 7:30 p.m. this evening. His wife saw a large white bird land on the lake and they were pretty sure it was a Swan. I hurried down and the bird had gone into a cove from which it eventually emerged, revealing that it was an American White Pelican. It was swimming further back the main tributary of the lake when a boater was heading in, so the bird took low flight. From my vantage point I couldn't tell if it landed or kept going. It was very close to dark at that time. I plan to be down there near daybreak, but with the warm weather comes more fishermen in boats, often very early.

Dave Boltz

Sent from my iPhone