Date: 4/10/17 8:37 am
From: Owen Schmidt <oschmidt...>
Subject: [obol] Star Princess

……. Johnny Powell, Jeff Gilligan, and I were the Oregonians birding from the Star Princess the past 2 days, Los Angeles north. Saturday off California the most common birds were Black-footed Albatross, 80+ Cook’s Petrels, Murphy’s Petrels, Northern Fulmars, Laysan Albatross. Practically no alcids. Yesterday at dawn we were off northern Curry County. The most common birds going north were Black-footed Albatross, 38 Murphy’s Petrels, a few Cook’s Petrels, a few Sooty and Pink-footed Shearwaters, Fork-tailed and Leach’s Storm-Petrels. 3 Scripps’s Murrelets, Black-legged Kittiwakes, Sabine’s Gulls, only Long-tailed Jaegers, 6 Laysan Albatross. We encountered rain off central Lincoln County, which persisted for the rest of the day, limiting bird flight and visibility.

Good birding!

<oschmidt...>
Monday, April 10, 2017

POST: Send your post to <obol...>