Date: 4/9/17 8:27 pm
From: ledaugh <ledaugh...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] northern Jasper County and Grand Kankakee Marsh
I took a drive today to see what birds I might find in the fields of
the northwest part of Jasper County. Birds were scarce. Mourning Doves
and Red-winged Blackbirds. One Barn Swallow. In one area I found about
25 Ring-billed Gulls and, close by, about 20 Green-winged Teal.

At Grand Kankakee Marsh I expected to see a number of ducks, some Great
Blue Herons. Except for 3 Wood Ducks, I saw no ducks. Saw no GBH
either. I did see an Eastern Phoebe, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker,
several Yellow-rumped Warblers, Belted Kingfishers, both Red-shouldered
and Redtail Hawks as well as the more common birds (robin, chickadee,
turkey vulture, red-winged blackbirds, etc.).

Lynn Daugherty
DeMotte

Join us on Facebook!