Date: 4/9/17 6:20 pm
From: Susan Yost <sdyost...>
Subject: [texbirds] LLELA results Denton Co.
!8 birders, some well versed and some newbies ventured out on a windy Saturday to bird the Lake Lewisville Environmental Learning Area [LLELA]. We eeked out 43 species.
Best birds were at least 4 Sora’s at the ponds. We got great looks at our first Western Kingbird of the season. Swainson's Hawk flyby, Franklin Gulls and of course Ospreys. White-eyed Vireos were calling all over the woods. Blue-wing Teal were still hanging around and Little Blues and Snowy Egret have arrived back. The most non bird excitement was over 2 Rough Green snakes that crossed our paths.

Join us next month May 13th to see what is flying in at LLELA! Orioles? Buntings? Cuckoos?

LLELA is also doing special bird activisties for International Migratory Day May 6. Check their website for details!

LLELA also had their 1st ever BioBlitz! and we counted over 80 bird species in one morning! The total BioBlitz count can be found on iNaturalist.

Good birding in Denton County
Sue YOST
Keith Lockhart
LLELA bird leadersEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!