Date: 4/9/17 5:56 pm
From: Don Morgan via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Warblers!
The forest is coming alive. Several new species today including 2
Warblers, Louisiana Waterthrushes and Pine Warblers. I heard and saw no sign of
either Friday so I assume they arrived in the last 2 days. In the next two
weeks I expect many more FOY's.

Apr 9, 2017 8:45 AM - 12:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
8.0 mile(s)
28 species

Wood Duck 8 3 pairs and 2 males wandering around in the woods
together. Odd?
Wild Turkey 1 FOY
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 9
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 3 FOY
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 3
Eastern Phoebe 18
Blue Jay 12
American Crow 2
Common Raven 1
Tree Swallow 2 FOY
Black-capped Chickadee 20
Tufted Titmouse 15
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
Brown Creeper 1
Winter Wren 1
American Robin 12
Louisiana Waterthrush 3 FOY 2 singing males and 1 silent female
accompanying a male
Pine Warbler 3 FOY
Song Sparrow 1
Northern Cardinal 4