Date: 4/9/17 4:55 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: E.E. Wilson Phainopepla (female) -- correction & directions
Just noticed that I wrote "this morning" -- this was *this afternoon*.
Not sure where my brain as when I wrote that.

These coordinates:
latitude 44.688285°N
longitude 123.210698°W

will get you to the start of a little trail that leads in to the theater
foundation from the main north-south roadway.

Some walking directions: From the Adair Frontage Road entrance of E.E.
Wilson Wildlife area (note you need an ODFW parking permit to park
there) walk in on the road that leads east & down the hill from the
gate. 1/4 mile from the gate, just before this road crosses over the
main central wetland, turn left (north) on the paved road and go about
175 yards north. Look for an informal trail leading through the
blackberries on the right, which will take you to the old movie theater
in about 15 paces.

Alan McGie once found a bittern in this theater foundation, so I always
try to check it when I go by.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis