Date: 4/9/17 4:36 pm
From: Merle and Anne Archie <ravensreachme...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Downeast Birding
Yesterday we birded around our "neighborhood" and found a pair of
Harlequin Ducks at the tip of Mooseneck in South Addison. Nine Red-necked
Grebes were in the same area. At a feeder in South Addison there was a
pair of Northern Cardinals and an American Tree Sparrow. The salt ponds in
Addison had a pair of Killdeer.

Off the Pleasant River boat landing in Columbia Falls there were 9
Ring-necked Ducks and a Northern Harrier. Two Common Mergansers were in
the Pleasant River at the new boat launch off Highway 1 in Columbia Falls.

On our way home we saw a Rough-legged Hawk over Wilson District Road.

Today we had a good duck day when we went to the marsh north of Bass Harbor
on Highway 102. Among other ducks we had a pair of American Wigeon, a pair
of Northern Pintails and probably glimpsed the Gadwall that was reported in
the area. Green-winged Teal were there, too.

At our feeder when we got home we had the first Red-winged Blackbirds and
Brown-headed Cowbirds. Our feeders have been extremely active all winter
and spring hasn't changed this at all!

Merle and Anne Archie