Date: 4/9/17 2:58 pm
From: Nancy Butkovich <njbutkovich...>
Subject: 4/9 - BESP, Julian wetlands
Stopped at BESP this morning - just the main park area. Most of the birds were the usual suspects, but I did find a couple singing Field Sparrows (between the ranger station and the environmental center), a Common Loon off the marina, and a Horned Grebe at the swimming beach.

Similar situation at Julian; mostly what's been there. I did get a quick look at the Red-headed Woodpecker. Also heard a Pied-billed Grebe in the SW pool, and a Virginia Rail doing it's "kiddick kiddick kiddick" call in the NE pool.

Nan

Join us on Facebook!