Date: 4/9/17 11:42 am
From: Robert Snyder <birdphotoginpa...>
Subject: eBird -- Bald Eagle SP--Bullit Run -- Apr 9, 2017
Hello All,

Here's my eBird checklist from the Bullit Run area this morning. The best finds were 1 early Spotted Sandpiper and 1 early Green Heron. Both birds were seen along the SE bank of Bald Eagle Creek. John Carter was the first to spot both birds and I went back to the car for the scope to confirm. The Spotted Sandpiper was in breeding plumage.

I also looked for Julia Plummer's Red Crossbills along old Rt 150, but could not find them.

Good Birding

Bob Snyder

Bald Eagle SP--Bullit Run
Apr 9, 2017
10:16 AM
Traveling
0.50 miles
52 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Checked area from Bullit Run landing to zbald Eagle Creek for early sandpipers and Early Green Heron. Found both along southeast bank of Creek. Walked to old bridge.
Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.4.2 Build 114

2 Canada Goose
4 Common Merganser
1 Green Heron -- Early Green Heron, usually arrive early May seen on Shore of Bald Eagle Creek; chestnut on neck. May have a low quality photo from across creek.
3 Turkey Vulture
1 Spotted Sandpiper -- Early Spotted Sandpiper, in breeding plumage (spotted breast); horizontal posture and much tail bobbing.
1 Belted Kingfisher
1 Pileated Woodpecker
1 Eastern Phoebe
2 American Crow