Date: 4/8/17 5:05 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Raptors, Salem area 4/8
I looked at Ankeny NWR and Duckflat Rd. after the freak storm we had
yesterday.

I saw nothing other than standard birds and ducks. Of raptors there was a
PEREGRINE FALCON at Ankeny, and a beautiful adult RED-SHOULDERED HAWK SE of
Turner in Marion Co a mile (a new location for the species, that I know),
and a pale sandy brown MERLIN at the 37th Ave shorebird spot near the
Humane Society in SE Salem. That bird matches what I have seen for the
prairie race. A single GREATER YELLOWLEGS was there too. 100 or more
DUNLIN flew around Duckflat in unison all the time, for no reason.

Roy Gerig, Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!