Date: 4/8/17 1:58 pm
Subject: Probable immature Male Black-chinned Hummingbird, Beaufort, NC
I have posted a photo to the website of what appears to be an immature male
Black-chinned Hummingbird. It was photographed at my shop in Beaufort, NC
on Friday April 7. I know I saw this bird on the 6th, but may have seen it
in late March as well, it just looks much different now. The location is
Coastal Community Market, 606 Broad Street, Beaufort, NC. The store will
be closed until Tuesday, but you are welcome to go look. The two feeders
are both visible from the sidewalk, but you can walk up the ramp or drive
to get closer. It will be difficult to see the gorget, but I have posted
some images in my eBird report that may help. Once I return to Beaufort on
Tuesday, if the bird is still around, you are welcome to come inside and
see the bird up close through the window. Please respect my neighbors
reserved street parking. There is plenty of parking just east and west of
the store (we don't have a parking lot).

Marty Wall
Beaufort, NC
Currently in Eden, NC

Join us on Facebook!