Date: 4/8/17 12:37 pm
From: Scott Young <wsyacy...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Released become re-establish bobwhite?
I'm just curious. Many people have reported seeing a single northern bobwhite at Sycamore Landing Road in Montgomery County. Often, there is a comment about it likely being a released bobwhite. However, I saw a group of at least 6 composed of both sexes there a few weeks ago. Is the fact that there are numerous ones of both sexes present consistent also with a re-established population? Are they doomed by hunting in any case? Thank you.