Date: 4/8/17 11:58 am
From: Ginny Wood <ginnywood...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Nuthatch ID

I have only ever seen one Red-brea$ted Nuthatch in my life, never heard one before. But I think there's one at Pinelog WMA. All I could think at 1st was that it did not sound like the yank of a white-breasted, but whiny, like waah. I listened to it on my Sibley app and it sounded the same but fewer repetitions & not as rapid. I could hear the actual bird moving away from me in the woods sounding like an echo of the app. But eBird says it's rare & and I don't have the chops to call it without asking--what else could it be? TIA!

Ginny Wood

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>