Date: 4/8/17 11:46 am
From: S. Davis <kd7gxf...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Biddeford Timber Point/Fortunes Rock/East Point Sanct.
Hi all-

Did some solo birding around the "big 3" in my neck of the woods and got 52
species among them.

Timber Point: There were numerous *Eastern Phoebes* (FOY for me) and *Savannah
Sparrows *as you started the trail and 3 low flying *Northern Harriers. *Further
down by the historic buildings I got a good view of a signing *Winter
Wren. *

Fortunes Rock: Nothing out of the ordinary there, I didn't see the
Canvasback nor am I aware of the last reporting of it so it may have been
long gone and I didn't know it. There were some close *Ring-necked Ducks, *but
again nothing too surprising.

East Point Sanctuary: Right of the bat I saw ~10 *Brant *from the road
flying back and forth from Wood Island Light to Beach Island (I call it
Great Cormorant Island). There was a small flock of *Purple Sandpipers *flying
by the point, and I accidentally flushed a single *Snow Bunting* near that
point. Finally on my way out I stopped by the pond near the spiritual
center, and I got a great view of another FOY for me *Great Egret* and
perched *Belted Kingfisher. *

All in all a pretty good day!

Seth