Date: 4/8/17 11:38 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Conesus lake & swamp: B. Eagle, Loons et al
I took a quick run down to the Conesus inlet swamp and then up the west side of the lake this morning. From East Swamp Rd. I could see an adult Bald Eagle on the nest - the same nest, in one of the west side spruce trees near the water. All was pretty quiet overall. The east side pond had one Ring-necked Duck, some Canada Geese, one Coot, a few Tree Swallows, a Bluebird, Song Sparrows and the usual blackbirds. The north end dike was full of people so I skipped that area.
The most numerous ducks in the swamp were Ring-necks, and four or more Wood Ducks, a few Buffleheads and a pair of Hooded Mergansers. Other species were out on the lake - especially from about Blue Heron Drive north.
Birds of interest overall with very approximate numbers:

Canada Goose 40
Wood Duck 4
Mallard 10
Ring-necked Duck 60+