Date: 4/8/17 9:12 am
From: Dunning, John B <jdunning...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Osprey & Sandhill Cranes, Tippecanoe County
I spent an hour with students this morning at Celery Bog in West Lafayette, working on song identification. Nothing very dramatic showed up, with an Osprey and Yellow-rumped Warblers being the most interesting migrants.

I also want to pass on a report on Friday from Del Arvin. He visited the eastern part of Prophetstown State Park and saw that the pair of Sandhill Cranes that have been hanging out in the park have hatched young. Del saw one and possibly two colts (as young cranes are called, I believe). This seems really early, but it was a mild winter.

Take care,
Barny
<Misner13...>

Celery Bog Nature Area, Tippecanoe, Indiana, US Apr 8, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:10 AM
31 species

Canada Goose 20
Wood Duck 2
Mallard 30