Date: 4/8/17 7:07 am
From: 'Barbara Herrgesell' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Kestrels- Friday

I thought I had posted this last night (Friday.) I don't know if it got through; I did not receive it. Here is is again. Apologies if this is a duplicate.

I was delighted to be driving past the Sanford Transfer Station, aka "dump", this afternoon,(Friday) and to spot 2 kestrels over the bare fields. They were both perching and hovering. It is a covered landfill on Rushton St., off School St., not too far over School St toward town, from the Sewerage lagoons.

Also 5 TVs circling, a flock of starlings flying over, and a small group of Canada Geese honking overhead; the sound of Spring for me. And… one robin. I was told that later there would be birds in the surrounding woods.

I have a sticker to use the dump; the two friendly attendants said to be free to come in and look any time they are open.

Barbara
~~~

Barbara Partridge Herrgesell
Sanford, ME