Date: 4/8/17 3:56 am
From: Doug Hitchcox <dhitchcox...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] FOYs at Gilsland Farm, 4/7
Hey Maine-birds:

I snuck out of my office yesterday to get a little birding in during the nice weather at Gilsland Farm (http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L251783) and was pleasantly surprised by the new arrivals since Thursday's bird walk. Highlights included:

Little Blue Heron - only my second at Gilsland; an adult was in the marsh off the West Meadow. This is an average arrival date for them but looking at their current range map few have made it into New England yet this year: http://tinyurl.com/jvvgjah

Gadwall, American Wigeon, and Northern Pintail were all in the river just south of the West Meadow.

And my first Double-crested Cormorant, Osprey, and Tree Swallows were also seen in the morning morning. A pair of Osprey were along the Martin’s Point Bridge (including one sitting ON the Osprey sculpture) that afternoon.

Here is my list from Gilsland: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35758549

Good birding,

Doug Hitchcox
Staff Naturalist