Date: 4/7/17 4:12 pm
From: <asb1960...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Eurasian Wigeon possibly at Scotland Rd Fields earlier
I am throwing this out for anyone who might be going to look for the Eurasian Wigeon found in Rowley today by Tim Walker. This morning around 11:00, I was scanning the field on the left by the platform when I came across a duck I didn't recognized. It was on the far left of the flooded field, closest to the street, in the water. Instead of grabbing a quick shot, I went back to my car to get my Sibley's book. After looking over the book, I thought what I saw was an Eurasian Wigeon. I went back to look again and I couldn't relocate it. I looked for another 20 minutes but could not find it. I don't know if it was tucked behind some tufts or if it flew away. I thought about sending out a report on massbird at least throwing out the possibility of one, but I don't have the confidence in my IDing skills and I chickened out. I'm sorry because if it was the same one that was at this field earlier in the day, other people may have had the opportunity to see it.
I am reporting this now so people can check either place for it tomorrow.

Andrea Bean
W. Peabody, MA
<asb1960...>

Join us on Facebook!