Date: 4/7/17 2:42 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Lake Macbride Area Tidbits

Surprising today was an adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL rafted with Bonaparte's and Ring-billed gulls on the the north arm of Lake Macbride. This was the first time I've seen one at the lake. Also, Common Loons and
Horned Grebes in breeding plumages continue and pelicans were scattered everywhere.

A pair of Purple Martins have arrived to the Solon recreation area at the west end of north Macbride.

Shorebirding was fair at Twin View Heights with 7 species topped by Dunlins, Baird's and Long-billed Dowitchers.
An Eurasian Collared-Dove was another first for me at that location.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids