Date: 4/7/17 1:58 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Philomath Sewage Ponds - Sabine's & Bonaparte's Gulls, Red-necked Phalaropes, BB Plover, etc.
Hi all,

I checked the Philomath Sewage Ponds late this morning for storm-blown
birds and was not disappointed!

On the NE pond, I found an ad. SABINE'S GULL in breeding plumage (maybe the
same bird reported earlier by Doug Robinson, although his bird left). It
was later joined by a single BONAPARTE'S GULL.

The S pond had a flock of 76 RED-NECKED PHALAROPES, with 5 more on the NW
pond. A breeding-plumaged BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER was on the dike between S
and C ponds. Other shorebirds included a couple of flyover GREATER
YELLOWLEGS, 6 DUNLIN (also in breeding plumage) and a couple of KILLDEER.

Full list and a few photos here:

Things are certainly moving!

Happy spring birding

Hendrik