Date: 4/7/17 1:27 pm
From: Kate StJohn <0000000f59b962a9-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Raven, Ruby-crowned kinglet song, Schenley, Pittsburgh
I walked the Junction Hollow trail rapidly today to get from home to Oakland and was surprised to hear and see a common raven walking around the superstructure under the Anderson Bridge.  I've seen ravens check out the large nests of other species so maybe he'd been looking at the old great horned owl nest which, as far as I can tell, is unused this year.  If you're passing under the bridge, it's worth looking up at it.

While I was puzzling over the raven's purpose I heard a ruby-crowned kinglet song.  It took me a while to remember whose song it was & I never saw the bird.
eBird checklist is here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35765180

 Kate St. John, Pittsburgh
Visit my bird/nature blog at birdsOutsideMyWindow.org

Join us on Facebook!