Date: 4/7/17 1:09 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] More Vesper Sparrows and Chipping Sparrows in northern Benton Co.
Hi all,

At a monitoring site in northern Benton County yesterday (6 Apr) I came
across 5 or 6 more VESPER SPARROWS, plus a flock of 8 or more CHIPPING
SPARROWS. It was fun to see that many Chipping Sparrows all in breeding
plumage, hopping along and feeding in a group.

I didn't see any territorial behavior or hear any singing in the brief
time while I was there, so my guess is that these birds just arrived and
need to restore their energy reserves before they get serious about
staking out nesting territories. None of the Vesper Sparrows was banded
so far as I could see.

Happy birding,
Joel

--