Date: 4/6/17 1:56 pm
From: Rodger Rang <rrang...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh Area-- April 6, 2017
With cold gusty winds this afternoon, my after-work stops were even more brief than usual.
The west end of Eagle Marsh held the usual assemblage of dabbling ducks, though numbers for GW Teal and N. Shoveler seemed down, while that of BW Teal was increased.  A Caspian Tern made a couple of passes over the main impoundment, and a kestrel was hunting from the top of a snag.
Afterward, I counted nine Great Egrets along Engle Road, including one group of eight along the edge of one marshy pool, and my tally of the Serv-All cormorants topped out at 99 today.
Rodger RangFort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!