Date: 4/6/17 1:44 pm
From: Jim Edwards <jim.edwards...>
Subject: Re: Bird guide business Advertising Protocol?
I say this with no animus to anyone, but I hope the Carolinabirds
guidelines will forbid such advertising. We all get all the on-line
advertising we can handle (I do, at least), and I would hope that
Carolinabirds would remain true to its ambition to provide information on
bird sightings in the Carolinas, along with other non-commercial
information and/or queries that would be of interest to Carolina birders.
There are plenty of other places to advertise one's--no doubt quite
valuable--services and products.

As I say, my opinion reflects no animus to anyone. Allowing advertising is
a slippery slope, and who of us knows how far down the bottom might be.

Jim Edwards

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Jim G <carolinabirds...> wrote:

> List Administrator(s),
>
> What are the rules governing use of this list to advertise for-profit bird
> guide businesses in NC?
>
> Asking for myself.
>
> Thank you,
>

> Jim Gould