Date: 4/6/17 9:41 am
From: John Liller <john.liller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Broad Meadow Brook - 4/5/17
I recorded the following yesterday afternoon (4/5/17) at the Broad Meadow
Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Worcester. I began by walking the Troiano/Heron
Pond Loop and then went to the Frog Pond Trail and along Wilson Swamp.

Canada Goose (19)
Wood Duck (7 - includes pair on Heron Pond)
American Black Duck (3)
Mallard (9)
Red-tailed Hawk (1)
Mourning Dove (4)
Red-bellied Woodpecker (2)
Downy Woodpecker (7)
Hairy Woodpecker (5)
Eastern Phoebe (3 - including one seen by wooden bridge over brook where
Phoebes have nested before)
Blue Jay (8)
American Crow (2)
Black-capped Chickadee (11)
Tufted Titmouse (6)
White-breasted Nuthatch (7)
Eastern Bluebird (3 - male and two females at Heron Pond)
American Robin (19 - many singing loudly)
Northern Mockingbird (1)
Field Sparrow (1 - powerlines near Heron Pond)
Song Sparrow (22)
White-throated Sparrow (2)
Dark-eyed Junco (6)
Northern Cardinal (5)
Red-winged Blackbird (31)
Common Grackle (65)
Brown-headed Cowbird (1 male)
House Finch (6)
American Goldfinch (5)
House Sparrow (11)

Finally, the Wood Frogs and Spring Peepers were very noisy at the southern
end of the wetlands along the Troiano Trail.

Join us on Facebook!