Date: 4/6/17 7:55 am
From: Lisa McGarrie <lmcgarrie...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Advice on finding Whippoorwills & Chuck-wills
Hello!
I am a recent transplant to Atlanta area and was curious if others could
provide some recommendations on good spots to hear whip-poor-wills and/or
chuck-wills-widow? I saw a posting about some heard this week out at Cedar
Creek WMA. If you know of any spots closer to areas I frequent (Rockdale,
Gwinnett, Athens-Clarke), I would welcome the ideas. Of course, I will
still hold out hope of hearing one in the woods behind our home.

Also, is there a good time of evening to hear them? Such as right at dusk
or later in the evening?

Thanks and Happy Spring Birding!

Lisa McGarrie
Conyers, GA