Date: 4/6/17 6:35 am
From: Laura Jackson <jacksonlaura73...>
Subject: Juniata Valley Audubon Society Spring Banquet
*Tuesday, April 18, 2017 Our *
*Spring Banquet with Dr. Mark Bonta*

*“I am that bird”: reflections on ethno-ornithology and the sciences*

*We will order off the menu, so payment in advance is not required.
However, we ask that you email or call Catie Farr by April 12, as we need
to let Hoss’s know how many plan to attend. Please call Catie at
570-651-3839 or email: <catiegk5059...> <catiegk5059...>*

*Silent Auction 5:30 PM Dinner 6 PM at Hoss’s Steak & Sea House *
*110 Patch Way Rd. Duncansville, PA 16635*

This multimedia presentation explores the contributions that traditional
societies are making toward human understanding of birds. The speaker’s
research is highlighted, including human-oilbird relationships in Venezuela
and human-bellbird interactions in Honduras. The featured story is of the
search to provide video documentation of fire propagation by the Brown
Falcon (Falco berigora) in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory, Australia. This
ongoing collaboration is being coordinated by the presenter and Bob
Gosford, an Australian ethno-ornithologist, under the supervision of
Aboriginal resource management ranger groups interested in garnering
evidence of an extraordinary tool-using behavior.

Join us on Facebook!