Date: 4/5/17 7:06 pm
Subject: Re: Black-headed Gull?
Marty,I think these are both Laughing Gulls.The Black-h. Gull has a much lighter back (lighter gray) and the bill is smaller.Sometimes when Laughing Gulls sit in a relaxed position with their head on their shoulders their black seems to come up further.That's my two cents. Let's see what others say.Dave Weesner

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Marty Wall<carolinabirds...> wrote: I believe I saw a Black-headed Gull at the Cedar Island Ferry Terminal this morning.  I have included two photos in my eBird report linked below.  It was out on a sand bar near the inlet.  It didn't quite look right for a Bonaparte's Gull and when a Laughing Gull walked up to it, the size caught my attention.  In the photos you can see red in the bill and the legs look dark compared to a Bonaparte's Gull.  I would appreciate any opinions on the bird.
I also had FOY Black-necked Stilts, Sora (thought I surely would have heard one by now), Chimney Swifts, and deer tick (not excited about that one).  There was also a Purple Sandpiper with three Ruddy Turnstones near the inlet (about one mile east of the terminal).

Thanks,Marty WallEden & Beaufort, NC

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S35711359&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=rNfVxXu83D5hfAsalBEKZCTH53Kq9igbHC2EatzxciQ&s=pIVBOU1SDayEAHHEKRpZGvXloHzFfUUPLNKELrqgm-Q&e=

Join us on Facebook!